Monday, July 10, 2017

ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON


ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON

TO BE A WOMAN

I do wonder
At what does it require to be a woman
Yes
For, faced with the man
We, women, easily lose our steps
We even fall from our self built pedestals
And hardly get to remember
Who we are in the very end!

I do wonder
At what does it make a woman then!

Is the woman supposed to be so submissive
Or even so tolerant
Pray, should she always accept whatever the man tells us
To the extent of shouldering every blame
Yes, should she even forsake herself
To please the man?

The man, so full of himself
The man, so full of ego
Of charisma
Of rights
Of abilities
Of intelligence
Of savoir faire
The man, so totally superior
As compared to the woman!

Pray, what does it require to be a woman
Does it imply handing out to the man a helping hand
Does it imply showering on him endless amounts of love
Does it imply being his inner force
Completing him
While at the same time, needing him
To grow and blossom into a fresh, vibrant garden?
Or,
Does it simply require
Erasing herself and her personality
To tend to the evergreen forest that he is?





HEALED

I have dealt with storms
I have dealt with monsters
I have battled demons
I have even ended up maimed
In pieces, scattered around
Like a bunch of dandelions
Unable to reassemble myself into what I initially was!

But then, like a subtle carer
Existence itself healed me
By slowly and steadily pushing into me
The science of life and that of its mystery!

Yes, now, I relish being a dandelion
I get to enjoy being pulled by the winds
I get to laugh when they tickle my belly
And to gasp out for air
When they surprise me with poetic orgasms!

I have battled storms
And have emerged victorious
So much that dark clouds are scared of me
And have opened the way for me to see
The brighter side of existence

Pray, life is not to be fretted for
Life is not to be looted
Life is to treated as if it were a baby
Yes, life is to be cared for
While we do enjoy the pleasures that it gives us
And of course, while taking its miseries to be our sole duties!






THE FUTILITY OF LIFE

The futility of life fascinates me
Like a venomous spider
Around me, it has woven its web
To trap me
And soon, to consume me!

The futility of life fills up my whole breath
And I can only swallow my disgust in pain
So that I can gasp out to stay alive
But then, staying alive
Requires me to accept life
To follow its rules
To walk on its paths
To do as it deems
And to adjust to its tempo
When it remains, in the very end
Yet so futile!

Pray, I claim to be in love with my own essence
Essence given by the ruler of existence
Still, I can find no reason to enjoy life
When it remains the servant of Death!

Pray, I can do nothing about it though
Like an ant, I have to toil
Like water, I have to flow
Like flowers, I have to embellish
Like air, I have to be
So, pray
Even if life remains futile
Let me celebrate of it
Yes, let me be, even if also
A mere particle of futility!

ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON


ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON is a Primary School Educator in Mauritius.  She is fluent in English even if her mother tongue is Creole.  She writes poetry and short stories as hobby.  She considers writing to be the meaning of her life as she has always been influenced by all the great writers and wishes to be, like them, immortalized in her words.  Her works can be read on poetrysoup.com and she had also appeared in various literary magazines like SETU, Different Truths, Dissident Voice, WISH Press, In between Hangovers Press, Your One Phone Call press.  She has also been published in Duane’s Poetree and also in an anthology for the Immagine and Poesia group.  Her poems are often placed in free online contests.

No comments:

Post a Comment